SELECTED RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS AND REVIEWS:
- Kaur, H., S. Mao, S. Shah, D. H. Gorski, S. A. Krawetz, B. F. Sloane, and R. R. Mattingly (2013). Next-Generation Sequencing: A revolutionary tool for the discovery of molecular markers in breast ductal carcinoma in situ. Expert Rev. Mol. Diagn. 13:151-65.
- Gorski, D. H. (2013). Complementary therapies in radiation oncology: Mixing cow pie with apple pie? Focus on Alternative and Complementary Therapies, in press.
- Kosir, M. A., K. Bland, L. Choi, D. H. Gorski, M. S. Simon, and L. A. Chism (2013). When to refer to the breast surgeon in primary care practice. Advance, in press.
- Speyer, C. L., J. S. Smith, M. Banda, T. Mekani, J. A. deVries, and D. H. Gorski (2012), Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor-1: A potential therapeutic target for the treatment of breast cancer. Breast Cancer Treat. Res.132:565-573.
- Chen, Y., M. Banda, C. L. Speyer, A. B. Rabson, and D. H. Gorski (2010). Regulation of the expression and activity of the antiangiogenic homeobox gene GAX/MEOX2 by ZEB2 through microRNA-221. Mol. Cell. Biol. 30:3902-3913.
- Chen, Y., S. Patel, A. B. Rabson, and D. H. Gorski (2010). MEOX2 regulates nuclear factor-κB activity in vascular endothelial cells through interactions with p65 and IκBβ. Cardiovasc. Res.87:723-731.
- Chen, Y. and D. H. Gorski (2008). Regulation of angiogenesis through a microRNA (miR-130a) that downregulates antiangiogenic homeobox genes Gax and HOXA5. Blood 111:1217-1226.
SELECTED INVITED TALKS:
- “Quackademic Medicine: How pseudoscience is infiltrating medical academia.” CSICon, Nashville, TN, October 26, 2012.
- “Cancer quackery: Testimonials, anecdotes, and pseudoscience,” Lorne Trottier Public Science Symposium, Office for Science and Society, McGill University, Montreal, ON, Canada, October 18, 2010 (http://www.mcgill.ca/science/trottier-symposium).
- “Quackademic medicine: The infiltration of pseudoscience into medicine,” Joint meeting of the Center for Inquiry-Chicago, Chicago Skeptics, and Women Thinking Free Foundation, Chicago, IL, August 21, 2010.
SELECTED MEDIA APPEARANCES AND CITATIONS:
- Podcast interview on Consequence, January 14, 2013. Episode 8: The Burzynski Clinic.
- Radio interview on Skeptically Speaking, CJSR 88.5 FM, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, October 21, 2012. Topic: “The C Word.” (http://skepticallyspeaking.ca).
- Radio interview, KPFK 90.7 FM Pacifica Radio Los Angeles, August 17, 2012: Topic: A Surgical Oncologist Speaks Out on the Perils of Alternative Cancer Therapies.
- Radio interview, CIUT 89.5 FM, Toronto, ON, January 13, 2012. Topic: Alternative medicine.
- Radio interview on The Frank Beckmann Show, News Talk Radio WJR 760, Detroit, July 5, 2011. Topic: The FDA ruling on Avastin.
- Radio interview on The Dr. Joe Schwarcz Show, News Talk Radio CJAD 1010 AM Montreal, June 19, 2011. Topic: Various issues in quackery and pseudoscience in medicine; breast cancer and mammography.
- Television interview on WDIV Local 4 News Detroit. Topic: Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, May 21, 2011.
- Television interview on FOX 2 Detroit News, “The Doctor Is In” segment, May 18, 2011. Topic Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.
- Radio interview on The Tommy Schnurmacher Show, News Talk Radio CJAD 1010 AM Montreal, October 18, 2010. Topics: Skepticism, pseudoscience, and quackery, with Dr. Joseph Schwarcz and Dr. Michael Shermer.
- Radio interview on The Warren Pierce Show, Newstalk WJR 760 AM Detroit, October 2, 2010. Topic: Breast cancer, nutrition, and prevention.
Back to Top